Fan Number 76 - Toya Bass

Name: Toya Bass, 27, Irvington, NJ USA

A filmmaker/martial artist/stunt woman who's trying to build her dynasty in this industry. i've been a screen writer for 13 years.i've studied stunts and martial arts for almost 10 years and it's because of none other than jackie chan that i'm inspired to do what i do.

Website:
http://www.toyabfilmstudios.webs.com/ & http://www.peaceandpower.webs.com/

What Attracts you to Jackie & his films?
First and foremost what attracts me to jackie and his films are definitely his originality. i love his creativity with acting, martial arts, and stunts. that alone was what led me to loving his films, which in turn led me to love him as an individual.

Most people would go crazy simply because of the fact that we're talking about jackie chan but for me it's different. it has been a struggle my entire life simply trying to enter the world of films and martial arts. seeing the type of person jackie is and seeing his positivity and the way he gives back to the world is what gave me that extra push to the things i've always wanted to do. not only does seeing his films reminds me all the time that ANYTHING is possible, even if we have to be a little crazy to achieve what we want but also that it's okay to want the things that we desire. to feel is to believe. and to believe is to achieve.

recently became friends with mr. jackie chan on facebook.com and it has been such an honor the few times he spoke to me and acknowledged what i wrote about him. that alone is enough to keep me going in my struggle and no matter what happens i'll never give up when it comes to pursuing my goals, which includes working with the amazing jackie chan. i love him. plain and simple.

Name the 3 Jackie Chan films that come to mind?
Twin Dragons, The New Police Story, Snake in the Eagle's Shadow. Of course a LOT more come to mind, but this is what i'm writing down for now.

What is your most favourite Jackie Chan film and why?
I wouldn't say it's fair to name just one Jackie Chan movie that is a favorite because I have too many favorites. But I'm going to pick The Forbidden Kingdom. And I'm picking that because in a way the story represents, for me, the dream of something someone loving so much actually coming true. And not only that but he's working with another legend that I love which is Jet Li. That story simply opened up my heart in a new way, and it let's me not feels so bad about myself for believing in an "alternate reality."

Did you know -- Jackie Chan and I have alot in common, in particular loving facebook.

Leave a personal Message for Jackie:

Dear Kong-Sang Chan,

For my entire life, I was able to look to you from afar to give me courage, to give me extra strength, and to give me the most important thing that everyone needs growing up: belief in myself. Everyday I struggle with not having enough confidence and self esteem, and everyday I also look to you for needed inspiration that you never fail to give to me with each passing day.

At times I felt down, you lift my spirit, and til this day I love to refer to you as my "rock in spirit" (the in spirit part because you aren't physically with me, and rock, because you are my rock)

Some day (hopefully soon) I want to make you proud of me because not only do I want to do films (with you) but also I want to make it part of my life's work to give back to the world the way you do. To help those in need and to give them courage and hope the way you have given me. There are a lot of things that are more important than money, so I want to give back in a way that has nothing to do with more, but about hope, and world peace some day. Thank you for giving me everything that you have even from a long distance. And I will continue to make my mark while keeping you in my heart while doing so. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment