Fan no. 83 - Stuart Burgess

Name: Stuart Burgess, 22, Penrith, NSW, Australia.

Not that I write in third person all the time but... Stuart Burgess is a guy who loves kung fu movies since he was 6 years old. I have studied kung fu before and am planning to get back into it again. I have two heroes in my life - Jackie Chan and my Grandfather! I went on a quest to find Jackie Chan from April - June 2010 and spent time traveling to 17 provinces around China without knowing a lot of Mandarin. I found two wax figures of Jackie Chan that I have posed next too, 1 in Hong Kong and one in Shanghai, as well as an awesome Chan action figure... but no REAL Mr. Chan. I also have a bucket list (or a list of things I want to do before I die) and meet Jackie Chan is on there, hence my quest to either get a photo with him or meet him myself.

What attract you to Jackie Chan and his films? His crazy, almost impossible stunts in every film of course! He's like Spiderman, with quicker feet and more awesome abs and in every movie he attempts something no other wussy stuntman would approve of! Remember the time he scaled the security wall of the embassy in Rush Hour and you were like "what?!!!!"... that's the stuff that makes him great. Or moments later when he took off the agents belt and pointed the agents gun back at him! Classic!

His movies are also pretty funny too -the deleted scenes at the end of each movie are absolutely hilarious and let you know that he does do his stunts for real!

What do you admire most about Jackie Chan? Jackie Chan may very well be some sort of herculean demigod. He is indestructible, not only physically but mentally. The way he is able to put his life on the line when he performs the crazy stunts and fight scenes is amazing, he would know his doctors like the back of his hand given all his visits for his injuries.

Nobody but Jackie Chan tells him what to do when it comes to stunts and when it comes to philosophy of life. He believes that you can achieve anything you put your mind too and I try to live my life by this motto. He gets what he wants because he works for it and is motivated to put in the hard work to get his body as fit as it can be, which takes A LOT of time and effort. Any extra time is spent on movies or on publicity. I think his thoughts regarding Cambodian landmines and on the earthquake relief in China is really noble too, would love to help out one day with the earthquake relief. I heard that Jackie was so modest and hardworking, that he would wash his own socks to save on laundry bills when staying in fancy hotels!!

Name 3 Jackie Chan films that come to mind?
What is your most favourite Jackie Chan film and why?

3 good films that come to mind starring Jackie Chan:

Miracles (also called Mr Canton and Lady Rose) - because he is awesome and it has gangsters...

Project A - because he is awesome and it has pirates...

The Legend of the Drunken Master - because he is awesome and he is drunk. This is my favorite film though, because it has the best training montage of any of his films. He hangs out with this crazy old man that reminds me of my Grandfather and he trains through almost insane conditions to, eventually, become the most awesome drunken style fighter ever! The fight scenes are very weird and creative given he has to pretend to be drunk the whole thing!

One fact you know about Jackie Chan He sang the Chinese version of Mulan's "I'll Make a Man Out of You"

A personal message from you to Jackie Chan Jackie, you are an absolute legend and someone the world will never forget. I certainly will never forget you in my lifetime and I continue to live my life with you as inspiration; not only as an inspiration to do martial arts and keep fit and strong, but just in the way your never give up attitude has brought you to where you are today. Perhaps someday I will be as lucky as you have been, but as you would probably say "we make our own luck". Please continue to make many more movies and help people in need with the money you've earned from your hard work. I'm sure you'll agree that your life was a good one. If you ever need help with relief I would fly over to China to assist you, I am a man of my word too - you can test me on that! For now, I am planning to become a firefighter to save lives in my own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment